Sunday 2 December 2012

Christmassy Glitter nails



 
Hey everyone, hello new followers too! I haven't had this many new readers in ages :) anyway carrying on from my last post, here is some more christmassy nails. This time I have used another loose glitter from the ol' craft store, pumpkin glitter ;). I dumped a load of this on each nail then I went over the top with a thin coat of Barry M Red Glitter and it created this lovely warm red-orange glitter that is amazing! So christmassssssssy I can't handle it ;). I'm going to keep using these loose glitters to show that you don't need to buy the latest glitter polishes to create gorgeous nail looks! 
 

 
You can't really get the feel of just how glittery and pretty it is in real life! I was going to add nail art over the top but it's too pretty, I can't do that to it :P.
My motto this christmas is don't buy glitter nail polish buy glitter! Yeah it'll take about three thick coats of topcoat to get smooth but it's so worth it. Most glitter only costs 99p! Woohoo. I'm in this frame of mind as I really want Models Own Northern lights but I can't justify spending £5 on a polish I'll probably ony use once so I'm going to try to recreate it with glitter hehe.
 
I might add something over the top but just not yet ;). 


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Loose craft glitter really does look amazing! I've been wanting to try the Nails Inc Bling In On Rocks set in black. My only issue with using any old glitter is how a lot of it is lead based and not safe (even if it's nails, I'm a health nut!)...which leads me to cosmetic glitter that is just as costly as regular nail polishes.

Abbienail said...

I really loved the look of those nails inc glitters but its too expensive! Ooh right I didn't know that about glitter :/

Jamie @ Polish, Please! said...

This is a great idea, and your mani turned out BEAUTIFUL! I actually got some loose glitters in my Julep Maven box and I can't wait to try the technique!

Lizzy said...

So pretty and sparkly! I just love your pictures, too. So creative I'm jealous!!! :D

Unknown said...

Yup just be careful with it! Base coat and top coat should protect you, but if any piece of it flakes off and you somehow ingest it that could lead to some future health problems. Or maybe I'm just paranoid >.<

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I loved it!
Xo,
http://missycosmeticos.blogspot.com.br/

Kas said...

This looks great! But I have a question. I've tried loose glitter once before and I thought I got all the excess glitter off. Turns out I hadn't. And I didn't notice till I saw a bunch of glitter in my top coat. Do you have this problem?

Abbienail said...

I only had a few specks in my topcoat, I just made sure that the glitter was definitely dried onto my nail and I used big globs of topcoat, which probably helped! Hope that helps :) I used an old topcoat too incase i got gitter in it

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Always looking for ways to recreate the expensive looks. Been haunting your blog for awhile. I've nominated you for the Liebster award!! Here's the link to read more about it!! http://lightofthemoonnails.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

Post a Comment

I always read and smile at all comments and I try to reply when I can! Thanks for reading :)

 

Abbienail Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger